02-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #40
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylengraver View Post
The kid is an old soul. Not many teenagers are interested in cars anymore, let alone working on them. Neither of my sons displays even a slightest interest in motoring... they are in their twenties, have great jobs and could afford better cars that I can... and yet....

Anyway, I had a neighbor some years ago who's son bought himself a beat-up GTI and was so persistent at fixing it up and making it look good... while going to school and working shitty jobs in the evening.

I don't know how many times I lent him my tools, some of them I never got back and never asked for. He was always ready to give me a hand when my garage door was open and whatever I was driving at the moment was up on jackstands.

I love my kids to death but I wish sometimes they were more like me and actually knew what the difference between a screw and a bolt is, lol.

Chris_flies, keep up the good work man, we need more people like you or else we will be all extinct before we know it and whoever is left will have not a single drop of petrol left in their blood.
Hey, thanks, man! I kinda got my cousin, who's a year younger than me, his first real taste of working on cars, he helped me install one of my camber plates over the holiday season. It was fun and frustrating, but in the same way it was for my father when I was "helping" him working on his '98 540i/6...