View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #41
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
I got a good look at the damage today, the bumper is well-gashed and will likely need replacing. The inner fender liner was crumpled, and it looked like the little cover for the fuel vapor filter was damaged (screws appeared bent, and plastic looked distorted), so those may need replacing as well. The other driver has Progressive, who offered to either pay for someone to do the entire repair, or to give me a check for the parts and install/painting of whatever, which is fantastic.

I'm eyeing the M-Tech rear bumper from ECS Tuning, which comes with a nice, but basic looking diffuser. How much would this cost to be painted? Not that I'm too concerned with cost, but I am. I'm thinking of wrapping the diffuser, if this whole thing works out, in a matte carbon fibre. Before you cry RICE, lemme explain; the diffuser is in a usually-shaded position that won't highlight any flaws in the faux weave, like a wrapped roof would...