Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
wow.. my car is mostly a GQ too.. i have around 32K miles.. and I'd have thrown away those original PS2s after they got to 5/32 in the rear..or three years old... . those things sucked for rear grip with FULL tread.. and greasy came LONG before 5/32..

Why were you risking your life and your 1M with those things keeping them for 6 years? The Michelin Pilot Supersport was a huge upgrade.. so was pretty much *any other* high performance tire..

wow... you must feel like you have a new car... your car has got to be thanking you for new shoes like a teenager that hasn't had a new pair of tennis shoes in years..

this is a public service message to all 1M owners driving a fifty thousand dollar car with 6 year old shoes..

***if you have original PS2s on your car... seriously find some new tires... IMMEDIATELY *** you will thank me the moment you hit the accelerator after WHATEVER new tires are installed..

Meahwhile.. back at the ranch.. has anyone gotten any PS4S in.. ?
So dramatic! Actually, as has been pointed out in these forums by much better drivers than myself, lower traction tires can be more fun than the really sticky stuff. I felt much more comfortable with traction control off and sliding the rear around on the street with the PS2's than I would ( I haven't even tried) with the new shoes. I mostly wanted to get better traction in the wet and standing water had the potential to be scary.
Appreciate 0