View Single Post
      08-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #12
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
You can definitely fit the bearing to the knuckle on a bench, but you might have to wait until you bolt up the control arms to torque those bolts down to final spec. Don't put the strut in the knuckle until the bearing is torqued down, as those bolts become somewhat blocked by the bottom of the strut, and it's nearly impossible to get a good wrench in there unfortunately.

After that, get the strut in, torque the pinch bolt, attach the brake line brackets and sway bar links, torque the ball joints on the knuckle, then set the car on its wheels and torque the control arm bushings when the car is at proper ride height.
Thanks chris_flies ! If I will be really careful as to not mess with the Tie Rod end, will I be good without an alignment after? I plan to mark the position of the three nuts for the strut up top in the engine bay and reinstall it as is to get as close to pre-install camber as possible (note the alignment specs on first post). Things of note, I do have camber plates (Dinan) in there. Thanks for the help again.
Appreciate 0