Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
Do the rest of you agree with this mindset?
I agree with everything except the idea of cutting fenders. Rolling isn't a big deal though... I've said this about a million and a half times now, but IF a custom set of wheels are going to be developed for this car, they should look good and maximize performance. A wheel that doesn't fit PROPER sized tires due to improper offset IS NOT feasible for me.

I had a VW GTI that I bought 18"x8.5" wheels for and the vendor I bought them from sent 225s mounted on them (this is before I knew what I know now)... While this FITS, it's not ideal. These wheels should have had 245-255s on them.

Unfortunately the weather will not allow me to go outside and take measurements regarding offset; however, I can tell you that an 18"x8" wheel with 245/35s and 18"x10" with 285/30s will keep the stock rotating diameter of 629mm. Also, forging obviously drives the cost through the roof, but modern casting can allow for a relatively inexpensive, strong AND light wheel to be built. Anything over 22-23 lbs with regard to that rear wheel is just too much for my taste. Just my $.02

Build them and they will come! :wink:
Appreciate 0