View Single Post
      03-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #14
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
I couldn't find any reviews on the csf oil cooler either. i emailed them and they didnt have any either, just saying customers say it works lol. It is so simple to install, it is tempting. but you can put a bigger cooler in for less money if you DIY it.

for the front brakes, is the 340 mm the common conversion? Asking because i read you can get a 370mm f series front rotor as well, but i don't see anyone getting it. Does it not fit?

Yea the old customer says it works line. Not too sure I buy that. Was hoping someone might have some real data.

As for the brakes. Both the 340 and 370mm fit. In many ways the 340mm makes the most sense because:
A) It hardly affects the brake bias which is probably one of the most important aspects of a brake upgrade.
B) It allows for stock 18" wheels to fit (with a spacer), or even aftermarket 17s
C) Unsprung weight is lower with the smaller disks. You really want *just* as big of a kit as you can get away with.

The 340mm disks are only like 2mm bigger than the stock setup. However they are 4! mm thicker and have calipers that don't have pistons that crumble.

With that said obviously the 370s have more thermal capacity. I certainly haven't written them off just yet, but I would have to resolve the brake bias issue for sure. The rear f30s don't directly fit but I suspect with some massaging would work and would end up with a decent bias ratio again (mostly based on the larger diameter disk back there).
Appreciate 0