12-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #61
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
As the owner of a Black 2008 135i, I understand where you are coming from.
I did have to hire a gardner/car man because I simply couldn't take it looking dirty, so I increased my monthly allowance to myself

On a serious note I am using the two bucket method of cleaning.
Supplies:
Two buckets
2 lambs wool mittens. (Helps speed up the process I switch gloves 1/2 way through)
A gentle car soap. (Dawn removes wax/sealant - Which can be good sometimes)
3+ MF towels. (1 big one!)
Wheel cleaner
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant (Looks great and goes on and off easily, lasts 4-6 months in normal conditions)
Rain-X
Brush for cleaning the wheels (Bristled fiber, not metal)

Cleaning Process:
Rinse and let soak.
Get supplies out.
Get buckets and soap. (1 bucket soap, 1 bucket rinse)
Quick soap down and rinse.
Spray on Wheel cleaner.
Work on any areas that remain dirty.
Quick whole soap and rinse.
Brush wheels off.
(Make a mental note every time I get wheels in the future I need to get 5 spoke wheels, as these M3 competition rims are a bitch to clean)

Detailing Process:
If this is a base clean for applying the initial coat of sealant I will use a detailer and clay the car (This isn't strictly needed but helps make sure there is no stray dirt under the initial sealant coat).
If not a base coat I just look over the car of any stray dirt spot and use the detailer to remove them.
Apply the Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant (Usually do 2 coats if its the 1st, coats need to be 24+ hours apart)
Rain-X wheels by applying Rain-X with an MF towel making sure to coat the whole surface evenly (test on your wheel behind a spoke to make sure there is no adverse effect)

Benefits:
After the initial process above has been done, then a simple wash rinse can be done and is much quicker since the BWD sealant is so slick. If washed and rinsed every 2-3 weeks the cleaning is pretty quick and keeps the car looking good. Once the Rain-X is on the rims you can usually get them clean with standard soap and a brush w/o having to use the rim cleaner, again making the process quicker and simpler.

Then about every 4-6 months (depending on the cars luster and how nice the weather is) I will apply a new coat of Sealant on top of what I have currently on the car. Also if you want a more waxy shine you can wax over the sealant for a deeper gloss look.

On topic:
I'm not sure what color to buy.
I really don't like the orange (Don't hate it, just doesn't grab me)
I don't want the black car as the color hides all the cool bits and lines.
I don't really like the white as it looks so plain w/o the CF roof, and just painting the roof black looks silly. Maybe Ill have those CSL stickers made/painted.

I won't say anything about blue.... well more than that! =)
Wow ....!!!! Great detail/detailed process ..... when you get that gardner/car man trained send him over to my house !!!!!!
Appreciate 0