View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I've done plenty of track days, thanks. I'll continue to do them, in cars with LSD's, not my wife's 1er, it's just not much fun and between the lack of a mechanical LSD and the copious factory understeer, I just don't enjoy tracking the 1er.

I think the eLSD is severely lacking in the manner in which it allows power delivery. The combination of throttle lag in the N54 (the N55's I've driven seem worse) and the lack of an actual LSD make for an unsteady and unpredictable power delivery. I'd actually be curious to drive a 128i hard to see how much of my dislike of the eLSD is perhaps related to the turbo engine.

I did mistakenly say inside tire, when I should have said outside tire, entirely my mistake.

In my opinion the 135i is a hot mess of handling that is further hindered by the eLSD. An E9x is noticeably better sorted, but still exhibits lots of the same weaknesses from the eLSD, but at least the suspension is better tuned towards neutrality. The 1M and M3 completely fix the suspension issues and magically rock an actual LSD too.
Appreciate 0