United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
2006 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
I'm running into a similar issue with the State Referee.

They are failing me for the same reason: some number not matching in the DME. This is the first I hear of someone else being given this reason. I think it's a new thing for 2019...

I have:

1) Gone to an official BMW dealer, paid an hour labor, had them issue paperwork confirming software is correct.

-> FAIL

2) Recorded the entire DME flashing process from start to finish at a reputable independent. Full overwrite, with genuine BMW software set on auto update (meaning that the software itself selects the latest and newest programming for that particular DME, I am not inputing any numbers).

-> FAIL

I have tried and tried to get more details on what that "software number doesn't match" means to no available.

Is it a software version? and if so which do they want me to flash? They won't tell me.

I am tired of wasting hours and hours with this. After each flash the monitors are reset. And each visit is a half day. I do not know what to do at this point. Keep flashing until I magically hit the software version they want? There's probably ~100 different revisions for my model. Sue the state? ( ) I know the car is 100% compliant. No resolution in sight.
Damn Kaiv, thank you for confirming my situation, I seriously thought the state was just screwing with me. So I am at your stage 1, i have been putting drive cycles on the car to try and wake up the Evap monitor, it won't light up. I am really glad you have set my expectations because I might have choked that smog ref after all this. I had FBO and a Cobb tune. I put all the OEM parts on, un-installed the Cobb tune, Failed, was told to reflash at the dealer, and again: waiting for the Evap Monitor to wake up. I am going to fail anyway. This state can go to hell. I hope the Feds cancel these emission waivers and we can be free to modify and enjoy our cars again. Stay in touch, I am going to see if there is any lawyers doing a class action or something.
Appreciate 0