View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

BJ loves those Federals. I've seen him use them with good results on a Chump car. If you want to save a few bucks throw a set on and see how they do. You won't be as fast ultimately but as long as they have good feel and don't chunk out it's not a big deal. Sometimes a lower ultimate adhesion tire is better for learning the trade anyways. Allows you to get to the limits and understand what to do there at a more moderate speed.

If they do suck then just do a couple more events and trade out to something better. Tires are a short term relationship when you track your car a lot. If one set sux you'll be on to the next before too long

I'll be instructing COTA on Saturday only. I'm flying up to Canada on Sunday for a fishing trip that was planned long ago (talk about shitty timing). Won't be instructing the spring BMW DE as mini me is due to arrive right around that time. Might make an appearance with some libations later in the day just to see how it's going. Will race TWS, TMS, Hallett, and probably one long tow this year, but that will be it. With the new kiddo on the way I'm trying to curtail my extracurricular activities as much as possible. I don't foresee it happening for too long but I'ma trying
Appreciate 0