View Single Post
      06-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Literally a month ago I was cross shopping the Audi B9 S4 and the Porsche Cayman S to complement my DD A4. I used to have an E34 535i but the coming of Chris Bangle and the subsequently mangled Bimmer lineup had completely turned me off BMW.

In fact, my brother (who has an E46 330ci) and I would have endless 'discussions' on Audi vs BMW and how the roundel was losing ground to the competition in a bad way. Just last year I mocked him for being so excited about the 135i because he was thinking of replacing his E46 with one.

Then I started seeing the reviews of the 1M start popping up on my favorite car blogs (AutoBlog, Jalopnik) and the thing that struck me first was how this thing looked. It's no 458 Italia but it has serious presence. If this car were a member of the X-Men, it would definitely be Wolverine. Squat, powerful and muscular with a nasty attitude. You can almost imagine the 1M saying to itself (as Logan likes to say) "I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice".

The M3 is a pretty car like a Labrador. The 1M is a Pitbull. I happen to prefer Pitbulls.
Appreciate 0