View Single Post
      06-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #79
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

I have done a lot of research.

I wanted a clubsport cage for multiple reasons.

I wanted to drive with a 6 point harness but i wanted the safety that in an accident the roof won t come down.

And i really like the idea of a clubsport car. I have owned a Porsche 997 GT3 clubsport The GT3 with Race seats in combination with clubsport cage and 6 point harness ads a lot to the fun factor. I sold the car because i don t like the handling of the car with the engine in the back. But i knew i must put something together in my 1M.

I also liked the fact how the M3 GTS is build. But the car is way to expensive for what it is and it s to big for my liking. I like smaller agiler cars like the 1M coupe. And if Bmw does not build 1M Clubsport i need to build it myself.

So then 1M coupe Clubsport AdvEvo edition has to be build

I looked at several clubsport cages but none ticked my boxes. I wanted to have cage which is wealded together like a real cage. I only want it bolted on the car not bolts in the pipes that looks not professional.

A cage simular to the GTS one that would be my choice. But i didn t want any welding on my car(GTS need bracket welding) The cage is the only thing which is welded together. So it would be a custom made one.

I have been looking in my car for points were it could be perfectly mounted on the chassis and toghether with the Rollcage builder we found for us the perfect solution.

I got out the rear seat where you sit in. But i leave the back in and flip it down, so i get nice clean look and don t need make more work out of it to put in a flat planel and again welding brackets in it.

It got 2 crosses like the GTS and 2 bars for the 6 point harness behind my seat. It can be put in thru the doors and it can be completely removed and make the car factory original again.

The colour is gonna be Black. I thought about white like the car but i like the fact that with the dark windows you can hardly see the cage from the outside.

I am very happy how the cage is build. It was ready today. It just need a coating. Next week it will be bolted in. When it s ready i put up more pics.

Last edited by Advevo; 06-15-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0