View Single Post
      11-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #46
Daniu9394
China
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i /BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Here you go, not the best photos, but shows before(left) and after(right)
- Height
- 1st
- 2nd
Hi, Ian:

I'm Dack's friend from China. I'm also trying to change my 1M's shift kit into a SSK, because I think the 1M's shift lever takes quite long distance to change gears.

Last week, I bought the RE Short Shift Kit and installed in my 1M, but I had some problems with the RE SSK. The problems are:
1. The shift lever is littile forward than the bmw original one (it is not locating centrally in N Gear),causing the Gaiter(cover) stretch straight when in R gear; And I can't get used to it because the gear postions has changed a lot.
2. The shift lever is a little higher than the before, also causing the Gaiter(cover) stretch straight when in R gear;
3. The biggest problem is that the R gear is hard to push in the right position. when installing, I found that the bottom of the shift lever was blocked by the holder underneath. Sometimes, the R gear will even come out by itselft.This is a big problem,which makes the R gear hard to put in.

Now, I don't want the RE SSK. I want to use the BMWP as well. Yes, if I only replace the shift lever into the BMWP shift lever, the distance of changing gear is definitely short than before.
1. But I wonder, as the pic you shown,the BMWP shift lever is about 2-cm higher than before, will this cause the gaiter stretch too straght when in R gear?
2. Is the BMWP shift lever still locating in center and straight when in N gear as before?
3. will the bottom of the shift lever touch anything of the shifting arm?
4. how about the force of changing gear comparing with the original?

thank you so much.

Daniel
Appreciate 0