09-27-2017, 11:51 PM   #72
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
I think that was the purpose of the 1M, to be a DD, not just a weekend sports car. Otherwise why does it have four seats and a big boot?
Agree, bought it new, have 82,000 miles on FBO, all installed very early in the cars life as well as a pretty aggressive suspension and I choose to drive it almost everyday with plenty of other options in the garage and it's great every mile.

It's quite practical though I did consider buying a separate DD to keep the miles off but ended up buying totally impractical weekend car so I could enjoy driving the 1M everyday.

Most recently I considered getting a quadrofoglio thinking it'd be more practical andput the 1M on weekend duty but the Alfas rear seats don't go down leaving the 1M as my most practical car, it's both my most practical(fits tons of fishing gear or a fair amount on a Home Depot run even with a big arc rear brace in the trunk) and what I take to the track; drive the heck out of it!