View Single Post
      08-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Bradley Smith, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 # 38: “Silverstone for me is always a special occasion, as the circuit is not far from my hometown of Oxford, so I have a great deal of local support. Having grown up visiting the circuit to watch the various events that Silverstone holds, and now being able to race a MotoGP bike on it is something that I will always cherish. The track is so unique, with fast and flowing turns and I personally find it so much fun to ride. I hope to put in a strong result, and I can’t wait to compete in front of my home crowd.”

Cal Crutchlow, Ducati # 35: “So the time of the season has come, where I get to compete in front of my home fans at the Silverstone MotoGP. I really like this circuit and am hoping to have a good result at the race this year. I have had some of my most euphoric results here too! Win, lose or not race the crowd has always been fantastic to me and I look forward to that again. Competing in front of my home crowd is always special and the support and energy they give me definitely pushes me even harder. I will once again give my all and I hope to give the British fans something to cheer about.”

Scott Redding, GO&FUN Honda Gresini #45: “Your home race is always special and I obviously have happy memories of winning the Moto2 British Grand Prix at Silverstone last year. This year will be a bit different, because it will be my first home race in the premier MotoGP class and I’m really looking forward to it. The support the British riders get from the home crowd is incredible and, for me, one of the best parts of the whole weekend is getting to meet the British fans in person. Silverstone is a power track, which is not ideal for us, but we’ll see how it goes. The aim, as always, is to finish as the top open class Honda.”
Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda # 26: I feel I have good momentum at the moment after winning in Brno and then we had a positive test on the Monday. It was a gruelling few weeks with two races in a row and so this past week it's been good to recharge the batteries," he said.

"Last year in Silverstone I was out of the battle with Marc and Jorge [Lorenzo] so this year I want to be sure to be up there with them!" he added.

"This is a fast track with many changes of direction and you need to find a balance for the set up to suit both the slow and the fast corners. The weather in Britain can always be temperamental also, so we'll have to keep an eye on that!"

Leon Camier Drive M7 Aspar # 2 “It’s a dream come true. There’s nothing better than racing in front of the home fans, at a home track. I like Silverstone as a circuit as well so this is another good thing for me. Hopefully I can understand a little bit more from the bike by then as well and, fingers crossed, I can have a good result. It’s always been a good track for me in the past. With WSBK I’ve been on the podium, I think nearly every year I’ve been there. So it’s been good. But it’s definitely not going to be easy.”

“Silverstone is fast, technical and with a lot of direction changes, which should suit me well. I know it will be another tough weekend though so it will be important to stay focused. If we get the right setting from the bike and I can adapt to the brakes and to the tyres quick enough, I think we can be quite strong.”

Marc Marquez Repsol Honda # 93 “Brno was a difficult weekend but the most important thing is that we took important points. Also, I feel less pressure now as I know everyone was expecting me to win all of them, and it’s the Championship that’s important, not winning every race! We had a good test on the Monday and then some time off after a hectic back-to-back schedule. Last year my race was affected by my crash in Warm Up so this year I hope to be fully fit so I can give it 100% in the race!”

Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha # 46 “I really want to go to Silverstone because this is not an easy track for me. Last year, in the race, in the end I did not go bad but I think that this year I can get better. Silverstone is a great track, very fast, beautiful and for me it would be very important to be able to get a good result, especially after the last few races. We are working well, we are making small steps forward and we are getting closer to our goal. I feel good and that's why I have to be more competitive this year at Silverstone.”

Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha # 99 “After three consecutive podiums I feel good. In Brno we found some good solutions that surely will give us at least a tenth in the next races. I feel quite good and we are going up through the championship. We must congratulate the team for their work in the last races and especially during the last one at Brno. We're happy and confident for the next race. Silverstone is quite different to Brno. It's a long varied circuit with fast corners and strong braking points and last year we got the win there. It looks good but we need to be careful and work hard during the whole weekend and then wait also for the weather, which is always tricky there.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-27-2014 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0