View Single Post
      06-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #247
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

NOICE!

So I have a little thing that happened the other day, and I just want to get some outside perspective to make sure I'm not going crazy, or if I am in fact going crazy.

My friend was over the other day, and I during one of our conversations I said "I'm glad that I work where I do, it allows us to go out and do some cool things down here" and she said "Wait. Your work doesn't give me PERMISSION to do anything. I pay for all my stuff on my own, my car, my apartment, etc.. The way you word things is crazy."

When we go out, I pay for dinner, movie, and things like that because I have a steady income and she lives off student loans, mind you.

So I said "I'm not meaning it like my work is giving us permission to do anything, all I'm saying is that I'm glad it's given me the opportunity to go out with friends and not have to worry".

She insisted that I said it like it gave her "permission" to go out and do things with me, when that wasn't the case at all.

Am I bad with words...., because to me I thought what I said was perfectly normal. Things don't bother me, but I'm pretty confused right now.
Appreciate 0