View Single Post
      10-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #109
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
ummmm did you read my post or are you just commenting on the first line. the main point I made is that it all depends on the bends in the pipes and the restriction of the mufflers and resonators. and simple observation? we have not seen a full picture of the 135i exhaust. all we have to go one is some partial pictures taken while the car is on the ground.

Logic dictates that the 135i will not have a radical departure in exhaust design from the 335i. The pipes come off the same engine and travel in the same direction almost the same legnth, the only difference is that one is a true dual exhaust.

That alone DOES have it's benifits..!

We know threw physics and fluid dynamics that any time 2 gases meet there is turbulence and back pressure due to this turbulence. How much and what ineffeciencies that set-up has on the 135i is of interest to me.

Strickly from a tuners, aftermarket point of view.... thus it might limit the 135i's ability to garner better performance number while using Dinan or PROcede software.

CFM in the 335i is better. How much or if it's significant is what I am waiting to find out.

Because it will effect the 0~60 times and the performance of a moded 135i.

-Garrett
Appreciate 0