View Single Post
      01-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #20
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Yes, in thinking the e-diff will help keep lock in the system, but i don't think it will help prevent spinning a wheel during lift unless you're dragging the brakes at apex.

I'm use to driving on a M-Diff from my Z4. So a clutch-style LSD is up my alley. Of course now we're talking about a M-Variable Diff, which is a different story

One of the biggest downfalls on the Quaife is the fact that during coast, or braking when you're off the gas it resorts back to an open diff. The Wavetrac is suppose to help this with with minimal lock, but it isn't close to a 40% lock like a clutch type
As soon as a wheel lifts, like when hitting a curb, the ediff should immediately try and compensate and grab the brake on that wheel, as soon as it grabs, a torsen diff should start working again. Was just thinking the ediff would make one just a little better.

Just curious, why would you not want an open diff when braking or coasting?

I am very partial to Torsen style diffs personally. I have had them on several race cars (Hondas) and several street cars. I really like the way they race and drive on the street.
Appreciate 0