06-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
This is an optional route if you want. State College is a good halfway point to stop. It looks like this is 30 Mins longer but you avoid the toll road. If you guys are staying in Baltimore, it might take even longer. Could always change to Aberdeen? Driving from State College is the way we went last year. Pretty good drive. Get to go through some mountains before you get down south. Not as many places for police to hide. We like to drive faster (not stupid). Both of us have radar detectors and 2-way radios. Its an option if you want. Then it will be 3:1ers and 3: 3 series. We are trying to leave as early as we can. If you come this way early enough, we've been talking about stopping at 3 mile island to get some pictures with the nuclear reactors as the back drop. We'll be driving right by there. Last year we left around 1PM, want to leave earlier, maybe 10-11, this year.

http://goo.gl/maps/b83Y2
haha, faster but not stupid? I'd like some elaboration please. It sounds good, I've already talked to the other guys and they seem excited about the thought. It adds about 2 hours to our overall drive but we'll have to see timing to State College area. I'm coming from Youngstown and the other from Columbus. They are having to leave a couple hours before me lol. It'd be great to set something up though
Appreciate 0