M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
You refer to former forum fellow IEDEI.

Back in the early 1M days (2010-2011) forum fellows such as for example Dackelone, eeghie, ozinaldo, M3 Adjuster, Dee Pee, Aussie_in_London, EINSER M, ayao, myself and many other forum fellows tried to gather loads of information, discovering all things 1M. Alike early settlers of 'La Santa ///Maria' discovering new land overseas, trying to unearth all sorts of 1M facts, experiences and stories. Virtually all of that can still be retrieved in the 1M section archives and stickies.

IEDEI joined in 2013 (USA), became very active in the 1M section and wanted to know everything about the 1M. He bought a VO 1M in 2014 (see here) and enjoyed going through, as well as adding input to, the 1M 'library vaults' over here. We had mutual respect and interesting discussions.

So, yes, he is definitely very knowledgeable and passionate about the 1M. And I do recall that he expressed the idea to write a book about the 1M someday.

Unfortunately, in 2014 he got temporary banned by the powers that be (see for example here). Main reason, AFAIK: in his comments he sometimes got very defensive about the 1M, a staunch 1M defender who sometimes pushed the envelope with 'spicy' comments about other BMW models.

And later he got another temporary ban. Late January 2016 I posted the following supportive post (which was deleted, together with the complete thread):

A month later the ban was apparently lifted (deleted (likely it was just a ban with automatic reactivation after a preset 'cool down' time period)post):

But subsequently he quickly got banned again, this time for an indefinite period of time (see for example here).

IEDEI, should you ever come across this comment: greetings from an old friend of the early 1M days. I hope you're doing well and that you still love to bits your cherished VO 1M. Good luck with your 1M book project !
I find it humorous that Somehow the FORUM moderators don't know their own forum works.

So tell us Artemis was it " likely" a temporary ban or was it ACTUALLY a temporary ban?

There are currently 8 moderators in the M2 forums.

Dackelone ; southlight ; @Sam@bimmerpost ; @Paul-Bracq-BMW ; mkoesel ; GT3 Tim ; Law and yourself.

it shouldn't be that hard to confirm why @IEDEI was banned.. (AND BY WHOM) as well as posting what forum rule it was that he violated.. Assuming that there actually was a rules violation and it wasn't simply being booted by a " moderator" that's too overly sensitive to allow free speech? (read:" BUTTHURT by negative comments about the M2) .

So.. Who are the " powers that be" that are unnamed above or are the aforementioned powers that be, simply Bimmerpost " moderators " those that hide behind skirts using anonymity and deleted posts.. ?

Moreover.. if there was no actual violation of a posted forum rule... and he was banned for zero cause by a butthurt moderator.. I have no idea why IEDEI would ever return to this forum after such treatment.
Appreciate 0