nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2 View Post
I never get hung up on car reviews..

The M2 has had the same love hate argument from many. And they continuously compare the car to the 1M..

I take the fact that each time I drive the damm thing I can't stop smiling! That's the best review.

On the 135i, I simply love it. The size, the power the looks. The 1M I imagine is the same thing but on steroids so who wouldn't love it?
Yes, nicely said. The car reviews are useful after you find a reviewer that shares your philosophy. Most of us bought M cars without test driving them and that is where the reviewers matter. It is a huge expense and you have to do it without the benefit of a test drive. I don't blame Randy Pobst. He was judging the 1M for its track handling and that is like putting a rottweiler on the track and using a greyhound grading card. The fact is, the 1M is not a great track car out of the box. It wants to go sideways in a straight line. The motor has lag then a huge surge. It has the aerodynamic coefficient of drag of modern Volvo semi truck. It needed a little more development and tuning which some on here like Dan Parker and others have done to make it a great track car. Ironically, it was the fact that the 1M was so much fun on the street and back roads that made it special. Most of us spend 99% of the time on the road and the 1M is a blast. It feels naughty and a little dangerous at lower speeds which makes it thrilling. Many track designed M cars were so good that they felt boring on the autobahn at 150 mph. It felt like going 100mph. 150 mph in the 1M feels like 150 mph!

Guys like Chris Harris, Daniel Pund, Jeremy Clarkson all got that. These guys drove Ferraris and M5s all the time, yet they loved the 1M. Randy saw a killer whale and judged it solely for it's ability to jump out of the water and do a triple axel summersault and declared it a failure in the ocean kingdom when its smaller dolphin brethren can do it better.
Appreciate 2
BAN_M2C4185.00
Mdawood121.50