Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
I've never understood why the 1M has a reputation of being twitchy and hard to handle but the 135i doesn't. The 135i's stock suspension is terrible and all of the short comings seem to be remedied in the 1M. Wider track, much better suspension, LSD, etc yet it's the 1M that has the reputation of being a handful to drive
You make good points that I had never put together myself. The 1M's linkages and suspension and steering are far superior to the 135i, but both the horsepower and torque are only marginally different. While I've never driven a 135i I would expect the factors mentioned should mean it is even more twitchy. The wildcard could be the overboost feature as mentioned by ayao , but are all reviewers actually (stupidly) giving the car full throttle mid-turn? I have zero problem modulating the throttle and I'm no expert race car driver.
My 135i on stock suspension is full bolt on making far more power than a stock 1M and I have no problem modulating the throttle and controlling the car. I'm surprised those reviewers had so much trouble with a stock 1M
Appreciate 0