06-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #72
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkmozz128 View Post
I own an 88 3.2 Cabriolet and a '13 128 M Sport. The 3.2 cars are solid and I love the mechanical feel of everything from pure Getrag clutch to having pure brakes and pure steering (no power assist on either). Just wonderful to drive cars like this with zero computer interference - No ABS, No Traction Control. These cars are art and I always get people talking wherever I drive it.

Having a hard time making my 128i with M Sport package get the go-kart handling it needs. Did a Dinan Stage 1 suspension upgrade but still too soft. I do not track my cars. I am purely talking about the daily commute and I still think it's too soft.
If you weren't on the other side of the country I would offer you a spin in mine. Between the M3 suspension bushings and TCK coilovers I have effectively dialed out the factory softness without making the car harsh to drive.

It's a great combo of cars and I certainly can echo that the 911 is loved wherever it goes. A vehicle truly made before the bean counters started running everything.

It's a joy to work on as well. Just did a valve adjustment, oil change, trans/diff fluid change, new distributor cap, new distributor rotor, air filter, spark plugs, and so on. Such a breeze to work on.