E821M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M/330CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastienDS View Post
Okay so I'm looking at Akra and HMS.
I got my eyes on a used 1M and it already has the akra so that could be the deciding factor, however it costs like 8k more than the others I'm looking at.

It has also got the Mperf steering wheel w/display and a Wagner Intercooler.

Pricing for the HMS? In Europe?
Not sure about the pricing in Europe, but here in the US I believe it is slightly cheaper, so I would only assume that would be the case where you are located at as well. As others have previously mentioned, the sound is amazing, easily the best in my humble opinion. Also, although I can't remember exactly whom, but someone on the forums installed one on their car not too long ago and the hp and lb/tq. gains were quite impressive, at least as far as gains from an exhaust system alone are concerned. Whereas Akra is around +5 hp & lb/ft. the HMS was somewhere in the neighborhood of +15 each or slightly more. As for weights I am not sure regarding either one. Although, it seems that I read somewhere some time ago that the difference in weight between the stock axleback and the Akra axleback was relatively small, with the Akra being only marginally lighter than stock. Don't hold me to that, however, as I could be confusing it with another brand or some other type of bolt-on altogether. Of course the Akra is very well constructed and high quality being that it is made of titanium, but I still wouldn't take it over the HMS if for no other reason than the sound alone. The hp and torque gains relative to Akra are just the icing on the cake if you will. And as also previously mentioned, the HMS has the wireless option/feature just like Akra. To me, the only thing the Akra has on the HMS is that it is made of titanium, although the HMS is still a quality piece in its' own right even though it is made of stainless steel instead. If you do end up going with the Akra, it should also be mentioned that you have a choice of either titanium or carbon fiber tips. The titanium ones will turn yellowish over time due to the process of heating up and then cooling down, so that is another thing to consider as well.
Appreciate 0