View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #220
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

So I went down to Wakefield yesterday with a few other guys. It ended up being a pretty awesome day. Very very windy though, and the temperatures were relatively cool. There were probably only like 8 cars in total which meant there were no groups or sessions. We went out whenever we wanted, for as long as we wanted and came back on whenever we wanted. It was great.

For some reason my car wanted to spin and spin it did haha. First session out spun very suddenly coming out of turn 8 and went backwards into ditch/puddle. Got bogged and the resulted in the attached photos . Had to get towed out. Unfortunately I forgot to attach my tow point so he ended up pulling me out via my strut tower brace. Luckily nothing was damaged.

Next time out I ended up spinning immediately going through turn 2 on the first lap haha. I think it was all of the mud and shit that was still all over my tyres. But yeah, over the course of the day ended up fish tailing wildly through turn 8 a couple more times. Saved one and spun another time. Odd since I've been out to Wakefield a couple times before and it's always felt a bit more progressive when breaking traction. Maybe I was just a bit over zealous.

All up, had a great time and managed a best lap time of 1.12 on stock suspension, up from my previous time of 1.17.
Attached Images