08-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #195
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
I installed this over the weekend. It took me way too long to essentially do up 6 bolts (about 2 hours), due to the contortion act required.

Definitely put in all the bolts first by themselves to create the thread then do it again with the bracket in place. It seems nice and sturdy and doesn't stick into the footwell too much.
I just finished installing this now. +1 on screwing the self-tapping screws in first as it creates a thread. I had more difficulty installing the screws closes to the driver side door, especially the black one. As I was screwing in the very last screw, I dropped the T30 bit onto the carpet and as I tried to grab it and it fell between the carpet joins and underneath. Tried desperately to get it out but no luck, couldn't even see it down there. Not worried about losing the T30 but worried it will rattle around underneath when driving around. Anyways, managed to get all 6 screws in, it's very sturdy but it was a bitter sweet feeling because of losing the bit. I haven't got a fire extinguisher that will line up with the bracket holes (FYI 16cm apart) so will pick one up next time I go to Bunnings. Without the fire extinguisher the bracket isn't visible and no-one would know it's even there.
Appreciate 0