View Single Post
      03-27-2018, 09:33 AM   #28
brando1
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Well, gentlemen, all of your advice has helped immensely.
The car made it to Sebring without the group buy wheels, and better tires. Still waitiing.
However, the other things performed flawlessly.
The rear subframe bushings fixed the handling in the rear. It is definately stiffer but not what I would consider uncomfortable, and I got the solid ones from Turner.
Dinan camber plates.
This is my first foray into modifying suspension for track duty. These fixed the chewing up of the outside of my tires. The car feels a little more nervous at high speeds, but seems to turn in a little better, and it's easier to keep my line.
Handling wise the whole package just seems significantly more connected, albeit a little more nervous.
Brakes.
Still on the factory rotors.
Hawk HPS Plus pads. They bite much more aggressively then stock. The do squeak a little bit though.I also added the stainless steel brake lines. Under recommendation from one of the guys here, I also bent back the heat shields as much as was possible without rubbing.
Not once did I overheat them. And they never felt like they pushed beyond their capabilities.

Overall the car preformed better in almost 4 hours of track time, as opposed to 1 hour of track time, before this round of mods.

Sebring is a bitch of a track to learn. 17 turns and 3.7 miles long. I was used to hammering the car around PBIR, and nowing exactly what was coming up.
Not here.
This was my first experience in this car, where I felt like I was holding the car back, not the other way around. I was also thrown off having an instructor in the car. I haven't had anybody tell me how to drive in, shit, almost 26 years.
Obviously it helped, but boy did it throw me off my game. I learned a lot, but I just could not get used to somebody talking in my ear. I missed my music, and the ability to slowly adjust my line, without input.
I will go back again.
Next will hopefully be the apex wheels, and a more aggressive tire.
The most important thing at this point is getting out there on track more often and fixing the biggest weak point in this equation. The getting older, biological matter behind the steering wheel.
Appreciate 2
BimmerAg425.00