View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #8
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
255/35/18 rear MPS4S will fit no problem. I use this on Style 261M wheels (Pretty sure they're the same offset as your wheels) and I'm also lowered but have no problems at all.

Curious where you read that a the 255 had rubbing? Maybe that person was running different wheel offsets or a spacer or something?
It's a thread on the next page, though it appears the OP there was running the Sport 4, not the 4S for what that's worth.

I went ahead and mounted them. I figure the rears will be toast well before the fronts, and will go 255 next time. That size certainly LOOKS like it will fit with no issues, though these tires clearly run a little wider than the OEM RFTS...

Amazing that a very good 3-season tire rides so much softer than the OEMs. Will have to experiment with tire PSI to see if that helps a bit. On the plus side, they should be easier on the wheels. No cracks, but in ~12K miles of driving over 5 years they sent enough shock to the wheels to put small bends in 3 of 4, this after 3 cracked and replaced wheels in years 1-4.

Happy with how things turned out. Thanks all.
Appreciate 0