View Single Post
      02-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #68
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
As many have found out, at about -2° rear camber and you will run out of toe-in adjustment with the OE toe arms. (At -2.1° rear camber my toe adjustment was maxed out to give zero rear toe.) I made my arms OE length so still had this issue with version 1. I have now made a version 2 that is 3 mm longer to give me some more toe adjustment at my desired rear camber setting. I was able to extract the ball joints and reuse them but the the swaged material had to be machined away rendering the version 1 parts scrap.

Attachment 1580862
Thanks for all of the info!

You really should do us a favor and make those arms for consumption by the public

Its too bad the rear guide rod is the one to replace and not the upper camber arm (as the guide rods are notably more expensive). The upper arms are actually pretty cheap (about $40 a piece) anyways. I may replace them "just because" they would be newer bushings and should provide some (partial) un-sprung weight savings.

Maybe I missed it but do you have an data on the overall weight of these various pieces?
Appreciate 0