Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDavies View Post
Hardly. With the wheel only getting 1/4 of the rate, this will actually be pretty soft (850s are like a 270lb wheel rate, which is well less than I ran on my STR S2000). The 850s I'm starting off with give me less rear roll rate than Kyle has. Keep in mind I'm running the stock 12mm rear bar, and will continue to run either that or no rear bar.

I think there is no reason to replace the dual cats with a pair of dual high-flow cats. However, I think the vast majority of the gains would be in going to a 3in exhaust, as much as swapping away from stock headers in the first place.

Second, the y-pipe is currently at the resonator. That's a shit place for it. I've spent enough time talking to the right folks about making power out of the N52 (as has Kyle, by proxy), and enough time around BMWs to recognize what's needed to be done.

AA Header -> Burns Y-Pipe -> Single 3in piping around the bend to the Ciro 3in cat, single 3in piping back to a Borla ProXS, then turndown (v-banded, so I can swap in the rear exhaust if needed).
I didn't say it was bad, just high. I'm all for the high springs lol.

The wheel rate for the front is 0.960, and the wheel rate for the rear is around .6, where is the 1/4 coming from? An 850 lb/inch spring translates to more than 250lb/inch at the wheel.

fwiw, the Mitchum Motorsports 128i which competed in Grand Am and other races, runs a singe pipe exhaust all the way back.
Appreciate 0