04-01-2018, 11:49 AM   #71
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Interesting ! This while Max showed much more than Ricciardo...
Yeah but Red Bull made sure to lock him down for the next few years. I'm guessing they decided that Max is "their guy" going forward regardless.

Personally I think Jos jumped the gun a bit shopping Max around last season ... but I understand why he did it ... to make Red Bull commit, and get a nice little payday, in the light of all Max's car troubles. However I do think Red Bull is where Max should be. He's young ... he'll eventually drive for Ferrari or Merc ... likely when Ham and Vettel are done or not as competitive.

Honestly I think Ricciardo is a great utility driver (#2) ... he's like a young version of Kimi: he gets his head down and gets on with the program; he can move up from the back of the pack; he brings the car back safe the majority of the time; and with a faster car, I'm sure he'll consistently podium (again like Kimi).

A plus that Ricciardo has the Kimi doesn't ... he's extremely likable and easily marketable, and has much more interest in social media than the vast majority of drivers.

Last edited by N52UNED; 04-01-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 1