View Single Post
      05-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #25
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Quote:
I opened the new issue of Roundel tonight and there is a picture of Dan Parker on the track and winning.

Congratulations
Thanks! I need to keep it up if my plan to take over the world is going to work out. I'm the Charlie Sheen of Roundel this month.

Comparing the Z4 MC / 1M / E46 M3 is like pulling teeth. Just the steering alone is so different in each car. I was talking to my friend who owns Lamin-X yesterday (and owns that E46) and he had some good praise for the 1M. His E46 has 225's up front vs. the 1M's 245's and the steering ratio on the 2 cars is vastly different. Yesterday I noticed that I could fidget with the stereo in the 1M (I hate reading manuals without trying things first) without wandering around in my lane like the Z4 MC seemed to do. That car demands your attention at all times which on a long trip can be tiring but in a twisty road or on track is awesome. The E46 M3 (non competition package) steering rack feels like a Lincoln Town Car compared to the 1M (his words, not mine). The 1M, to me, is the perfect middle ground and with the big meaty 245's and that wide stance it feels super planted, even just cruising down the highway or changing lanes.

Sorry for the delay in the video. I got a new computer last week and it's proving to take more time to get the editing right. That and my internet connection isn't blazing fast. (One of the downsides to living in a rural area)