View Single Post
      07-15-2016, 08:14 AM   #50
davidwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328,325, 325, 335, X5, 640 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Ducts look good. Do you have any additional info you could share on your oil cooler install? Cooler model, how you made the bracket, and oil lines?
yeah, I had a thread with my build and parts list. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1145478

I am running the stock oil cooler and this setrab in parallel. This is fed from the two blocked off ports on top of the stock thermostat. It's a setrab 625 and I just made the lines myself.

Originally, I built a mount with some all-thread and mounted it to the plastic support under the headlight and the radiator support. It was very stable, but the all-thread was starting to rust and looked bad.

So I just cut some angle stock and used SS bolts with locking nuts to fab up a new mount earlier this year. It is actually cantilevered off the front frame rail. The bumper support bolts up to the frame rail with four bolts, I basically loosened the bolts and tucked the end of the angle stock between and tightened them back down! It is not a complicated mount at all, but gets the job done.