View Single Post
      05-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #37
Onlooker
Canada
Rep
Drives: Nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlesswaltz View Post
Trading in the used car is not particularly beneficial to me because they will offer me way less than I can get, if I sell it by myself.

Alanchan, it is good idea to wait till the last minute deal is avail; however you might not get what you want.
Sometimes you have to include the option that you don’t want or chose the color that you don’t really like.

I wonder if we can anticipate further drop of financing rate or increase in credit before August or September.

Onlooker I think you are the most knowledgeable person in this thread, please let us know what you know from last year experience.

thanks,
Thank you, but I can assure you I am far from the most knowledgeable person in this thread. I am especially useless when it comes to financing and leasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
I think there might be another 1% drop in the rates by the end of the year, to make it easier to clear the inventory, but note that 2009 production stops on June 30. So anyone wanting to custom order should put in an order in the next week or two. I guess if you want to pick something off the lot that's a different story. Last year, the rate dropped from 5.9 to 4.9 during the final months, and other Bimmers got a 1 to 2% rate reduction as well. Most went to 1% finance rate (including the new M3 that had just been introduced).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlesswaltz View Post
Thanks bdardashti for the information.

I thought the production ends on August or September.
Well, 1% is worth to wait for!
I guess the credit will increase to $4K when the rate drops.

Let's hold our breath for the golden time for 1ers~!

Have a nice long weekend guys
If you have the means, then I would suggest you jump at exceptionally good offers when they are available, like now, especially while you can still put in an order. Any better offers that should come out before delivery will supersede or be added to the offers available when the order was placed. Waiting and hoping for something even better could backfire. As bdardashti noted above, the 2009 production year is almost at an end and you will soon be left with what is on the lot. Sure, rates may fall further then and cash credits may rise, but the vehicle you want may not be available and what remains may be beyond your budget even with the better cash or rate incentives. You could then be back at the beginning again, waiting to see what the following year holds. Do the math and risk analysis and then make your decision.

Last edited by Onlooker; 05-15-2009 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0