View Single Post
      10-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #2
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

From the mods that I have done, this is the order I rate the changes

1. Suspension - I have KW v2 Coilover because I wanted complete control over height but what surprised me is how comfortable these are! Combined with non RFT tyres they are very close to the ride comfort of the std. M Sport with RFT's but with a huge difference in handling! I have my adjustable rebound setting on KW recommended which is near half way so it can be adjusted harder of softer depending on preference. It can also be raised to stock height if you wish

2. Exhaust - combined with the Intake you already have, it makes real music and gives a great edge to the sound without being overbearing

3. BMWP brake kit - Great progressive braking performance as well as looking fantastic

4. BMWP short shift lever - gives a great short positive throw! This is not the full kit but just the lever/bearing/circlip part which just uses existing gear knob and gaitor and can be swapped over without getting under the car. I did it in less than an hour!

5. CDV mod - it costs nothing and gives you complete control of clutch and reduces balking of first and second gear changes.

6. Wheels - this can make a great visual impact and if lighter than OEM can make a noticable difference in acceleration and braking!

Take advantage of the weak £