View Single Post
      04-05-2010, 05:33 AM   #10
Nifelheim
Rep
Drives: 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwilson View Post
has anyone done any research on a supercharger kit for the 130i?
best source of info Andrew at Southern BMW in Melbourne. Whan I last asked there was nothing off the shelf available.

As for BFYB mods; so far I have BMWP air in take, SS kit, BMWP suspension which comes with underfloor cross bracing at the rear, BMWP front strut brace, Vorschalg camber plates( supplied Southern BMW) , Yokahama neovas - 215 front 225 rear. Also running an evolve ecu tune. Brakes- upgraded rotors, ferrodo pads braided lines and race fluid.

Do regular track days and with the camber plates and suspension set up by spinning wheel in Sydney the car is now very well balanced with almost no understeer. Pretty impressed with the BMWP product.

Present dilemma is to keep going with the 130i or change. Cant really identify an immediate replacement but could do with a little more power for the track.

If it stays next step will be the quaife LSD as it is spinning up the inside wheel . Andrew is also working on a set of decat manifolds but needs someone in Melbourne to volunteer their car for test fit.

I suspect that with a free flow exhast and tune power would be approaching the 135i , in a lighter body... add supercharger!
Appreciate 0