View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 02:44 PM   #6
TurboTom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
If you plan on going over 480whp (roughly 18-19psi) at redline (this usually requires E85) then you will need an M4 flywheel and SSP clutch packs.

My honest opinion. Ditch JB4+BEF and go flash only with Wedge Performance. Smoother, faster, more consistent, 10000x easier to dial the car in. If you want to run meth get an external controller. Single CM5 nozzle is fine. Ken himself has a PS2 135i and spent a lot of time developing the platform, also Houtan & Sbrach (forum members) tune for Wedge and both have 135i's with PS2 turbos/ know these cars inside and out.
Thank you! The info about the DCT is extremely helpful. Any idea what that's going to look like cost-wise including parts and labor?

I've been thinking about going flash only. My concern is that the guys at Burger are the only ones consistently reading logs and giving input on them. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of smoothness in the car for consistent troubleshooting help. If I had a good contact who would read MHD logs for me when I'm having an issue I would go straight for it with MHD only.

Looks like for now I need to keep it at or under 18psi at redline, while I get everything hammered out with the turbo and recover from the heart attack inducing dent in my bank account. Do you think I can run the OEM fuel pumps at that power level? I don't intend to run ethanol mixes but I would supplement with meth for octane.
Appreciate 0