Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo135i View Post
okay, I love the new DPs but I'm kinda lost on this whole O2 sims thing. why would I need these and where would I get them? I'm currently running the CP-E cat back system and it's been great. this DP system would be an awesome addition to complete my exhaust.

you also mentioned getting the resonators. my CP-E system doesn't have them so how would I go about getting them on my Steptronic equipped car?
Pretty simple... You'd ONLY need these if you went with catless pipes. The catted versions will NOT throw codes. The catalytic converters are one of the critical pieces of the emissions system on our cars. There's an O2 sensor before AND after the cats. If there's not a certain reading between these two sensors, the car thinks something is wrong and throws a code. Obviously, if one REMOVES the cats, that reading will most definitely be off...

So a few vendors produce O2 simulators (mine is BMS). They basically trick the DME in to thinking all is well, which in-turn will allow the car to make more power. The "black magic" that happens in the DME is honestly beyond my comprehension.... But am sure it involves air, fuel, spark and a bunch of boost.

Regarding the resonators, cp-e is allowing me to send back my midpipes to have resonators welded in. You'll want to email them for details, but they were VERY accommodating about arranging to have this done... Now I just have to figure out when I can be without my car for a few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denial View Post
you got a pm with an exhaust question!
Replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgame View Post
Various opinions on effectiveness aside this is by far the sexiest exhaust I have seen yet (minus the muffler )

Kudos! Enjoy it :
Anyone that thinks catless downpipes won't produce more power than their catted counterparts is crazy... Again, I stay away from speculation, so I won't make any numerical claims here, but I've *never* seen a car tuned with cats produce the same (or higher) numbers as one without.

As custom tunes become available for this vehicle, you'll see an even larger gap in #s produced between those catted vs. catless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy View Post
looks very nice, looking forward to those sound clips....
I'll do my best not to slack on these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
Great write-up and pictures. Too bad CP-E can't post here anymore...
Thanks!

And yeah, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Why cant CPE post on this forum?
Misunderstandings between them and the mods. Essentially, different opinions on the definition of "sales," "marketing," "advertising," and "general information."

I'm not sure whose court the ball is in right now, but it'd be a lot easier if the issue was just dropped and the rules on what can and can't be posted by paying vs. non-paying vendors was spelled out... ALL OF US would benefit through handling it this way. Just my $.02.
Appreciate 0