01-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #51
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I bought my car new. I did notice the lag when I was test driving the car. But with all the excitement of finding the last black (albeit carbon black) 135i in my area (and for that matter throughout the Mid Atlantic states), sort of masked the throttle lag situation. After taking the car home, my wife has driven my car a couple of times. The first time she did make a comment about the throttle lag. This is part of the reason why I got her Ok to go ahead and do the PPK Stage 2 upgrade on my car because at the time everyone said the software upgrade helped.

The PPK software did help for a while until out of the blue last summer the lag got worse and the lurching came into the picture. The behavior of the car was so bad I wouldn't let my wife drive my car. Unless you experience this behavior and know what to expect, it's downright dangerous. That's when I broke down and had the car in to get the TSB update. This has helped some. But the lag is still present. Some times it's pretty bad. Some times it's mild. The lurching/car jumping has calmed down too. It's happened a couple of times since the update but no where near what I was experiencing before. I serious thought I was going to hit the car in front of me when I was driving through stop and go traffic and was about to contemplate pulling off to the side of the road to get a tow. It was THAT bad.
Did you get the SIB 12-14-15?
Appreciate 0