View Single Post
      12-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
mabrahams
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 M-Sport 28i

Step 3 Even the playing field. From the very beginning, the tires were limiting the car by 1s+ and that was fine. Overall the times the car was producing was within striking distance of some of the locals that compete at the national level. At the time of purchase, I couldn't find any Rival S's so Tire Rack was having a sale on their RE71s. Knowing that 255s fit (and yes, some do size differently than others); I went with the same size but this time I wanted to go as wide as I can. As most people know, the E82 has wacky offsets needed. After researcher a bit further and not going with a custom wheel offset; Kosei K8R 17x9 was a good solution. Light. Cheap. Best offset?, no but works? Yes. The biggest concern was obviously going a half inch wider all around. The internet is full of discussions (and some are on point). This setup fits with a 10mm spacer up front (effective 35mm offset) and none in the rear. This DOES NOT rub anywhere (other than a HUGE dip, filled with four tires, tools, etc). Is my ride height perfected for max performance, no. Does it work for me, yes.

Events that happened during this time:
Aug 27 SCCA Brooksville STX X (10 cars in X, placed 5th) Paxed 11 out of 42

What the hell man?

I'll be honest here, I was SUPER disappointed because I now had no exuses. The car was awesome but I don't know what had happened. 43.187+off, 44.200+off, 42.008+1, 41.735, 41.851 were the times I ran. TTB in X Class was 40.466. I think I really thought that the tires would magically put the car in 1/2 no problem.. I was wrong. But like most things, learn and move on.

Appreciate 0