View Single Post
      07-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
kennethhhhd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 MT 135i

An Introduction and Possible Turbo Issue

Fist an introduction. I've been stalking the forums for quite some time and finally decided to post since I have something worth sharing. I got my 09 135i approx 5 months ago with approx 30k miles on it. Before the 1er I had an '07 350z Gran Touring 6MT. An old lady pulled out in from of me and the insurance company totaled it out. Before that I had a '97 Camaro which my parents bought for me for my first car and that was totaled out when a drunk driver pulled in from of me (people like to pull in from of me apparently). I test drove quite a few cars that were around the price of the 135i that I purchased and decided on the bimmer. So far I have loved and have only small minor annoyances. I took the car to Temple, TX for routine maintenance and and to get an oil change 2 weeks ago. Before I took it I noticed that it was idling a little rough but didn't really pay a lot of attention to it. Also sometimes it would take longer to start and it would make kind of a grinding noise only on a cold start. They said everything was fine with the car and performed the routine maintenance and I was on my way. Fast forward to today. I get in the car this morning to go home, then work. I hit the start button and the RPM's are all over the place and it's idling REALLY ROUGH! It finally calmed down and then I proceeded to drive away. There was barely any power at all especially when I got to 4th gear. I put my foot all the way down and I was barely moving. Weird thing is that when I finally got to my place and let it set for about 30 minutes while I got ready for work it was just fine again. It feels like the same beast that it was before all of this happened. Thankfully I already asked for some vacation days for the rest of the week and I'll be dropping it off again to have it looked at while I go out of town. The car was never modded as far as I know and I didn't plan on doing anything to it till the warranty ran out so I wouldn't run into and warranty issues. I'll update with any new info and if you have any questions/ suggestions let me know.
Appreciate 0