View Single Post
      09-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #115
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Blue Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
I would not go to the dealer for tires (any dealer for that matter, not just BMW, but Chevy, Toyota, whatever). They are severely overpriced. When I went in for service they noticed my tires (my Dunlop Z1s) were worn and slipped me a quote with my receipt papers. It was about $400 (like 25-30%) more expensive than DiscountTire or Tirerack for the exact same RFTs, mounted, balanced, out the door. Maybe that was supposed to include a reach around?

Luckily, I have a friend with a mount and balance machine so I order my tires online (usually Tirerack) and pay him in beer.

The open diff on sporty cars is still tragic, but that's another thread and been beaten to death already...
Recently purchased a set of PSS from the local BMW dealer. They were a little more expensive but the tire shop I normally use would not do an alignment on the car and the delear didn't charge for mounting and balancing if you paid for an alignment. Ended up about $50.00 more for everything at the Dealer as opposed to the local tire shop. Worth it to me to keep from making a trip to the tire shop and then driving over to the dealer for the alignment factoring in time and missing work. Might as well check with the dealer and get an estimate.