View Single Post
      10-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #35
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothStyle1 View Post
I’ve read many threads on here in which forum members seem to be uneasy with the price tag of the 135i coupe, especially as it appears to be creeping close to the cost of the 335i coupe (within 3K). I feel like people are looking at the pricing for the 1-series in completely the wrong way.

The 135i will have the same engine as the 335i; only the 135i will be 200 pounds lighter, meaning better handling, faster 0-60 times and better gas mileage. Considering this, it wouldn’t be beyond the realm of comprehension for this car to cost more than the 335i. Think about it: same engine, comparable interior space, better handling, faster 0-60 times and better gas mileage. We should all be happy and excited that this car isn’t more expensive than the 335i!

I think that some people have the mindset that because it is a “1-Series” and 1 is less than 3, it should automatically cost less than a “3-Series.” In my book, this is faulty logic.

I personally am thrilled that the 135i will be offered for less than $40,000 and I challenge anyone to name another car with a 300HP/300 lb-ft, twin turbo, I6 engine and the standard luxury features of the 135i along with a maintenance plan as comprehensive as BMW’s - for less than $40,000.
I am totally with you on this one. I dont agree with them pricing it high, but the thought of BMW squeezing the N54 motor into this car is SICK. I mean you would have to pay 50k for a freaking 5series to get this motor. And that 5 wont have BIG brakes, a tasteful body kit, etc.

EDIT: I was thinking today as I was driving home, If I was in court I could talk up a ROCK SOLID case as to why BMW could price this car at 37k and get away with it. Those of us on here that say we'll find something else thats fine. That decision is not so easy for me. I am infatuated with this car. I dont want a 335i. I want a 135i.