View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

It certainly ain't pretty...............

A friend recently followed me to my car after dinner, and as we approached it, he said,"Is that a 1M?", I replied, "indeed it is", he said, "I've read they're amazing, but it certainly ain't pretty!!" I said, "it absolutely is not pretty!"

And it got me thinking, I love beautiful cars, I love flowing lines and DaVinci inspired proportions, I love genius level balance. So why does this car speak to me so.......?

When I first set eyes upon it in real life, my first reaction was "Phwoooarr............... that's just silly!!!!.... Look at those arches! Look at that stance! That's a crazy looking car!!" Then when I drove it, my next thought was, now here is a car with a dynamic personality that perfectly matches its aesthetic. My third thought was....I must have one. It looks and drives angry, it looks like it would punch you if it had hands, someone once said to me, "if only it had the M3 V8", and my immediate response was no!..... it would just be wrong with a smooth, linear long revving V8, it needs to punch you in the face like the looks suggest it would if it could.

I parallel parked it in the city yesterday afternoon, and as we were looking for it, my wife said, "did we go the right way? I think we parked up the hill?" We kept walking scanning the sides of the line of cars, then there appeared this Bright white object with bulges and creases looking as much as possible like a roller skate with the massive looking wheels. Wife said "Ah...There's your crazy looking car!"...... I smiled to self.

I also test drove an M2 last week and after the drive, the sales rep said "the M2's amazing isn't it !?", then quietly added, "just don't sell the 1M to get one ok, never sell THAT car"

So back to the top, I was thinking, I wonder if anyone looked at their 1M for the first time and thought "now that's a pretty looking car" must have been very different thoughts methinks.......
Attached Images

Last edited by Goombeh; 06-09-2019 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 8
nachob2314.00
Tornado1M1211.00
JP-1M171.00
ayao641.50
Tinsta189.00