Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Hm - never knew about the itunes thing. Right now quality etc is fine, just can't use the steering wheel controls so it's basically a really expensive bluetooth receiver.

I guess it makes sense, I use it to play spotify mostly, wondering if the skip/forward will work with spotify as it seems this is optimized for itunes since it makes it look like an "ipod"?

Will give it a shot and see...
you must download itunes and have one song on it. I don't use itunes anymore and mine keeps playing this one song from blink 182 (lol) whenever I start the car. I got annoyed and deleted itunes and now spotify won't work to show song info OR change songs via the steering controls.

Added itunes back, and boom. problem solved.

I'm just going to delete the songs and add a sound file that's completely silent to mitigate this stupid auto play issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
There are some less expensive units out now but I haven't tried any of them myself.

The Bovee I have in both our cars (BMW & Mini) are working great still. I saw a note in another thread that to have the wheel controls work you have to have at least 1 song synced through I tunes.
Hm - never knew about the itunes thing. Right now quality etc is fine, just can't use the steering wheel controls so it's basically a really expensive bluetooth receiver.

I guess it makes sense, I use it to play spotify mostly, wondering if the skip/forward will work with spotify as it seems this is optimized for itunes since it makes it look like an "ipod"?

Will give it a shot and see...
Same here. Don't know about it, had only a few songs & got really tired of the auto play putting on Thievery Corporation over & over. Deleted all the tracks and now no steering wheel buttons w/ Pandora. I'll have to reload iTunes and a few tracks... see if that fixes it.