View Single Post
      10-15-2018, 05:48 AM   #230
frontside0815
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm1972 View Post
Berns, first off, love the thread and the vids! I am starting to put together a list of suspension and cooling mods for my 135i. I will be doing 3-5 track days per year and a few autocross events.

Do you still daily drive your car?

How is it with the stiffer springs on the street?

How much roughness and noise did you get on the street with all the rod end rear camber adjusters and lower front arm ?
I´m not berns but since my whole rear axle is full uniball i think i can answer the last question too:

I had a few different Setups and for daily driving and one who doesnt want to get full bonkers i would run:

Front: Uniball Bearings in lower Front Arms (or M3 in the beginning) and the other Arm M3 Version

Rear: Uniball Bearing in the inner lower camber arm (i have that set available, feel free to write me if you are interested)
Uniball Bearings in the Trailing Arm (also have them in Stock)
Uniball Toe Arm (also in stock) and
M3 Guide Rod and Upper Camber Arm.

Then you have only 2 Rubber Bushings left, but this Setup will have 95% the same noise and roughness as OEM and i can ensure you will be happy :-).

I went further and also swapped the M3 Arms (guide Rod and upper Camber Arm) for our Uniball Arms and now you hear a loud clonk when going over holes etc... Still not very bad, but very noticeable.

As cooling you have perfect Setups here in this Forums :-). What you really should adress also are the Brakes.
Appreciate 0