09-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #116
AB M2C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Hockenheim Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
PR LPFP came in yesterday.

Did you use a heat gun? Any other parts you'd recommend on hand before throwing it in?
Nope just the screw drivers I mentioned. I unfortunately do not own a heat gun (though I definitely should) with one I imagine you won't break the bucket if you take your time. Also hopefully they fixed this but my kit was missing an o-ring that you need to plug the fuel pump into the fuel distributor, which is definitely necessary. PR overnighted me one and apologized profusely so its not like there was anything to be upset about, just make sure you have all the parts before you start.

The kit comes with little butt end connectors to connect to the fuel pump wires, but I thought that was crazy so I soldered it, electrical taped and shrink wrapped over that.

For reference my tank was completely empty when I did this and it helped a lot, also theres no way I would solder next to even a tiny amount of gas and the vapors associated with it, for obvious reasons. On top of that though it made the entire process wayyyy easier having absolutely no gas in the tank.

Honestly the hardest part for me was disconnecting the fuel lines from the stock pump. Take your time and make sure not to break anything. Don't try to force it, if the lines wont come off at first, push them back towards/ onto the pump, then re-press the tabs/ release buttons all the way and try again.
Sold -- 2005 E46 M3 MT
Appreciate 0