02-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrvergnügen View Post
I frequent this website a lot which tends to keep track of 1Ms for sale and track stats closely. http://www.1mcoupebuyersguide.com/listings

It seems like anything below $50k is a good deal unless it has a ton of miles. Lot of recent listing have been around $60k.

I wonder now that the M2 hype has recessed and less 1Ms are for sale (and also the 1M seemed favorable over the M2 in many reviews) prices will rise.

Obviously, this post is US/Canada centric.
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that one data point. Jon Martin, the owner of the 1M site you refer to, also has sites dealing with Z3 and Z3M Coupes. I've had a bit of contact with him over the last couple of years, and when he was launching the 1M site we had some emails back and forth about the limited data that is out there on sales listings and actual sales prices. Jon does the best he can under the circumstances, but I think the deck is really stacked against him.

The Z3 coupe and Z3M coupe markets are much easier to follow, have more turnover, and easier to verify actual sales prices, than can be said of the 1M coupe sales.
Appreciate 0