View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #15
128ibro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
Got the recall done today. Car went in at 0930, called that it was ready at 1615. Parts list on the invoice shows a few aluminum screws and the blow-by heater p/n 11-61-2-458-830, so apparently there was no damage to any other components (I doubt there was any damage to the old PCV heater either).

Loaner was an X1, which was deeply uninspiring. The less said about it the better.

I hate taking my car to the dealership. It's been there twice - this recall and the airbag recall - and both times they've left a strong impression of a hopelessly disorganized, slipshod organization. They can't find cars, they can't find keys. They can't seem to be bothered to properly capitalize my name in their system. They don't have my email listed even though I got two reminder emails from them about this appointment. My "service advisor" - and I use the term loosely - barely said a word to me, and seems to have thought that I requested a multi-point inspection (invoice reads "Customer requested to have Multi Point Inspection performed at this visit") even though I said no such thing. They washed the car and now it's got water spots and smudges, plus a few greasy fingerprints on top of the left fender and an oily smudge on the armrest. Under the hood the junction box above the engine was left out of its clips and sitting on the engine cover. They're very polite, but that's their sole redeeming characteristic.
I checked bmwusa website the status for the recall is remedy unavailable.

How you got it replaced?
Appreciate 0