06-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
I would agree if I lived in the vert friendly & perfect weather state of California, but with 10 days of 100+ temperatures in Austin already this year tint is a necessity. The "heat reflective" leather really works too.

I still have the top down even in the brutal heat! Perforated and air conditioned seats like some Lexus models would be awesome.
Texas, you've got one of my favorite 'verts out there, and I can understand the necessity for anything that helps to cool off those cars during Texas summers. It makes sense to me.

I guess I draw from experience with my other convertibles. There simply are those times of year, or certain driving conditions, when it's good to put the top down, but not so good to also have the windows down. Sometimes rolling those windows up makes a HUGE improvement in comfort.

That's all I'm saying... and when they are up on those occassions, I was considering how they would look if they were tinted.